At-Height Fall Protection Solutions
When working in at-height locations, preventing employees from falling off platforms and work stations is of the utmost importance. MISTRAS’s Fall Protection Center of Excellence (COE) designs and installs fall protection solutions and systems to ensure complete safety. Our solutions are custom-made to adapt to industry standards and customer needs, all designed to enable employees to maneuver comfortably and safely when working in at-height and confined space locations.
Fall Protection Services Overview
The COE offers turnkey solutions for the design, installation, and certification of required training and rescue procedures. Our fall protection solutions include the design and installation of:
- Vertical and Horizontal lifelines
Each COE technician is fully trained to inspect the entire asset and perform condition assessments to implement effective protective and maintenance solutions to ensure optimal asset and human safety. Through hours of training, each technician gains a complete understanding of the COE’s custom equipment, products, services, and solutions.
The Fall Protection COE provides turnkey services designed to the highest industry benchmarks, meeting both Canadian Standards Association (CSA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
Fall Protection Services
At the outset of projects, technicians perform risk analysis assessments on facilities and assets to design the most effective fall protection solution possible.
Technicians are well-versed in all areas of the equipment use, inspection methodologies, and training, including pre-inspection surveys to determine equipment requirements, fall clearance calculations, and inspection strategies before technicians enter the inspection site. The COE implements optimal fall protection solutions through:
- Fall Clearance Calculation – Risk assessments to help design fall protection solutions that avoid falling workers from being injured by equipment and stationary objects
- Sharp Edge Calculations – Preventing rope and equipment failures at difficult locations and on edges.
- Horizontal & Vertical Lifelines – Utilizing various types of systems for workers to work safely at height, providing them a safe and efficient access to their work zone
- Swing Fall Calculations – Considering the possible swing of the worker’s lanyard in the event of a fall to prevent collision with stationary objects, structural components, and equipment
Equipment Design, Fabrication, and Installation
- Life Line (Vertical and Horizontal)
- Anchors (Designed & Certified)
- Rails (For At–Height Situations)
- Guardrail (For At–Height Situations i.e. Roofs)
Training and Certification
- Rope Access work
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space